Tuesday 26 March 2013

Thriller Evaluation: Question 6

Question 6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Websites and Blogging

Before starting Media, my only experience with any software used for film or sound editing would have been Windows MovieMaker in Year 8, to make an unofficial music video. The results were shameful. I had been used to blogging prior to blogspot however - years of Facebook, Twitter, and occasionally Tumblr provided experience. Blogspot seemed complicated at the start, but it's very similar to lots of other blog systems. I like how it almost serves as a forum for our media work; all of our work is uploaded to cnsmedia.blogspot.com and becomes almost an archive or library for us to review the work of other students, for inferences or almost a how-to-answer guide. It provides a more age-relevant approach to coursework. Most of our life is online nowadays, the majority of our day is spent using internet in someway. We are all connected and socially interacted in one way or another, and blogs seize this opportunity, transferring it into an easy, interactive way to write up coursework. It's easy to constantly improve our work, and there are different ways to involve other medias... use of YouTube allows the ability to embed and upload videos through HTML code scripting. I can upload presentations, I can upload pictures and display them on my blog. The two external media websites I used were
www.prezi.com and www.scribd.com - two presentation sites. Scribd allows embedding of files, whilst Prezi creates a diverse and interactive interface to presentations.

Since the discovery of Prezi, it has made it's way into several of my other AS subjects.

For example, here's a screenprint of it in use.



Prezi is so intriciate that within its presentation ability, it allows the addition of more media styles - video, text and pictures are all different  opportunities for combination to enhance your work.
Also, its zooming system allows the presentation to flow in a focused way -  it follows a path and moves around your work with you. This makes it far more simple and accessible.




I felt these two websites helped to enhance the presentation of some of my blog posts.

During the evaluation part of my thriller, I felt I could further extend my use of media by uploading a video I filmed on my webcam, vocally discussing and describing my thriller.

Another website (which we used for the title 'Evito' at the start of our Thriller and that I have used in depth for my own personal use) is dafont.com - a free font download site, which has served me very well. It provides a creative touch to the text.


Now, as an example of other medias, I've decided to describe technology used with. (Through www.issuu.com )



And a second form: Prezi!



No comments:

Post a Comment