Monday 11 March 2013

Thriller Evaluation: Question 7

Thriller Evaluation Question 7 - Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
When beginning our preliminary tasks, I had no idea about conventions or techniques involved in film; this year has been my first introduction to Media. My preliminary task was poor, but I feel I have learnt and improved over the year - hopefully this reflects in the thriller.

I started Media late, and had only experienced a few weeks of lessons before beginning the Preliminary task - I only knew one person well, and was slowly getting closer with others, but didn't know them fully. We struggled to think of a concept and we neglected to write a script. Essentially, Ed and I improvised our entire preliminary task.

However, when approaching our full product we took more care in preparation - we created a detailed story line, and from an early start we had ideas for camera shots, locations and little features we could include in our thriller - to avoid the issue of struggling like we did in our Preliminary shot!

When deciding on ideas for our film, Evito, I took a more active role in the creative side - using influence from horror films and other thrillers. The story line took the most thought and creativity; the knowledge obtained through the evaluation and study of other thrillers - especially Film Noir crime films.

With the Preliminary task, we split up and edited in groups of two, with Evito, we remained as the group and gave feedback and continued to use our collective ideas to enhance the project - our input as a group helped make sure that the final product met our individual approval and featured the best ideas from all of us, which were debated and criticised with a group mentality.

Conclusively, the final product, Evito is a huge step forward from the Preliminary task - I learnt from the prelim task that I would need to approach the final task very differently - far more planning and interaction went into the process of creating the Thriller, to ensure that I wasn't caught short when it came to producing the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment